Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Just Another Love: Book Review

by , Jan 1, 2009
I tell you about my background on writing and how my poems turned into the book.
document.context='fHA6NTE5';
First of all let me give you a little bit of my background in writing. I don't think there was ever a time when I didn't love to write. I had a love affair with pen and paper and I think part of that was from me always wanting to write. When it came to writing I never saw it as a chore because I felt like I would only write when I had something to say. Most of the time I was writing notes to people. It was never surprise for me to write a 3 page note to someone. It was my freshman year of high school when I started writing poetry. I took inspiration from relationships and things around me. My thing was I was never good at poetry because to me all my poems sounded all the same. As I got older my poetry changed and I enjoyed writing about sensual experiences. But that never lasted. In June of 2008 my writing changed to what it is now. I found Gavin DeGraw again when his song "In love with a girl" came out. The song put a feeling in my heart that I couldn't explain. I had a fire in my heart when I would hear the song or see Gavin's face. In my eyes I was in love. Upon seeing the video I started writing like crazy and couldn't stop. I began writing like I had never written before. My writing style changed and I had so many ideas that I couldn't write quick enough to keep up with them. I would spend hours online searching for things about Gavin to give me ideas of what to write about. Gavin was my muse and inspiration for a couple months. Then while searching I found his older brother Joey and the fire was out. I felt something else. Joey became what I would write about. His music touched my heart and I wrote like I had more to say. The words poured out of me. When I wrote the poem "Walk Home" we had been out with my best friend and her daughter. We had been shopping and out to dinner with her. I was in a crazy mood that day and I felt like I was on a cloud and when I got home from being out with her I wanted to write. I laid down on the bed with my pen and paper and that poem came out of nowhere. I couldn't explain to you how or why but it just came out. From that day in June to now my heart has felt like prayers had been answered. I felt like I can see my gift of writing now. When I look at my book I see that these poems were written to go in that book. When I wrote all these poems I felt like there was something special in my heart. I still can't explain what came over me when I wrote them but it was the best feeling that I have ever had. I want these poems to be in your heart the way that they came in my heart.

Not Just Another Love by Jackie Stroud- Painter
ISBN: 1-60610-387-3

Buy it now at http://www.publishamerica.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?catalogid=27772
Also look for this book on Amazon.com, and Barnes & Noble.com

No comments:

Blog Archive

Sierra Club

Favorite Reads

  • Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs
  • In The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts
  • Womens Murder Club Series by James Patterson
  • Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
  • Eragon by Christopher Paolini
  • The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher
  • Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts